Hi lovely people!
I was just listening to ‘dear younger me’ by mercy me, and it got me thinking about the things that I would say to ‘younger beth’ if I had the chance. I’m aware that I’m only 20 now but I have learnt so much about myself this past year.
So here is some of the advice I would give to myself:
- You are Beautiful!
- You are good, worthy and loved.
- Your best is ALWAYS enough.
- Don’t try so hard to ‘fit in’. Yes you are quirky, and different but that’s what makes you so unique.
- Choose your friends carefully; don’t allow ‘friends’ to treat you badly just because they call themselves self a friend.
- Don’t let people walk all over you. You can stand up for yourself and still be kind, just be assertive. Their feelings are important, but so are yours.
- Yes you have faults but you also have good qualities; You are kind,patient, caring,hard working, conscientious, etc.
- Sometimes things go wrong for a reason; friendships, homework, exams and in the next few years you are going to see more of this with college and work. Just remember that everything happens for a reason and sometimes things go wrong because they are not right for you.
- You have so much love for everyone else but one day you shall learn to love yourself and that is when you will really soar.
However, in reality I am glad that I didn’t know these things because everything happens for a reason and I wouldn’t change my past at all as without it I wouldn’t be who I am today.
Enjoy this collection of photos of little me:
Lots of love, glitter and happy thoughts. Beth xoxo